Sunday, December 7, 2014

Hardrock 2015 ??

No Hardrock 100 for me in 2015

Stony Pass
photo courtesy of Matt Trappe (my hero)

No, I wasn't one of the lucky 152 runners who were picked in the lottery for the coolest 100 mile race around (from my biased opinion).  Really, I didn't have much of a chance.  About 2.5% chance actually.  So, after crying for a bit I went to break the news to Bethany.  She nearly cried too..for joy.  "Oh good, no hospital visit this year!"  
You never know...I might still find a way to make that happen... 

Actually, we are planning a trip back to pace/crew!  That's the new plan!  I left Tim hanging last year and need to redeem myself.  And lucky for us all, he got in again.  

Now that Hardrock is out, better figure out my schedule for 2015....
So far, its looking like this.  Some gaps might be/will be filled.  Any suggestions?

-Bighorn 50 (June)
-Pacing at Western States (June)
-Pacing at Hardrock (July)
-Tushars 93K (Aug)
-Wasatch 100 or Bear 100 (Sept)

2 comments:

  1. With that kind of schedule I suggest a double Bear in Sept. See how far past 100 you can get before making your traditional hospital visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.mattmahoney.net/barkley/

    Just throwing this out there. Worse lottery odds than HR so you might as well start applying now. I'm just saying.

    You might even know someone who might give some hints about how to apply.

    ReplyDelete